Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to you today to share the fantastic result of our recent Ofsted inspection, which found that our school continues to be judged ‘Good’. This is a wonderful achievement, and we are very proud of all our pupils, staff and wider community for achieving this.
The report praises the school for its positive learning environment, where pupils feel happy and safe and can excel in their learning.
The report also applauded many other aspects of the school which I wanted to share with you:
- The curriculum, and its design, was praised for being ‘in-depth’, ‘ambitious’, and for ensuring ‘Pupils achieve well’ because it is ‘carefully set out, beginning in Nursery.’
- Reading is a ‘priority’, the school has introduced phonics and ‘invested in new reading books which closely match the phonics’ which has helped pupils become ‘fluent and accurate readers’.
- The teaching of mathematics was praised, with techniques helping pupils become more ‘fluent’ in the subject.
- Behaviour at the school is exemplary, and the school’s ‘positive approach to rewarding good behaviour encourages pupils to do their best.’
- Children with SEND are well supported and ‘fully included’ in school life. The ‘school works well with parents and specialist services’ to ensure they make informed decisions to best support these pupils.
- The extra-curricular provision was particularly commended, with pupils having ‘Spanish pen pals’ and having the opportunity to ‘watch a Shakespeare play at the Globe Theatre’, alongside other enriching trips to ‘galleries, theatres, and concert halls’ and ‘a restaurant kitchen’ where they developed their cooking ‘skills’ and food ‘knowledge’.
- ‘The school has set out what it calls its ‘Lessness Legacy’. This programme aims to broaden pupils’ horizons through a programme of enriching activities, leaving them with special memories of their time in the school.’
- School leaders and Trustees ‘work well’ together to identify priorities and further the improvement of the school.
- The Trust is a fantastic support structure and the school works ‘effectively with other schools within the Trust’.
You can access and read the full report here.
We are proud that Ofsted finds we continue to deliver a ‘Good’ education for our pupils, despite the challenges that the pandemic brought us over the last few years. We are looking forward to continuing to build on our best practice to ensure we continue to provide our pupils with the best start in life.
I want to thank you all for your continued support which plays a key part in ensuring our pupils receive the very best education.
Miss A Bolton